The editors of the quarterly magazine 'Bible, History and Archaeology' (in Dutch: “Bijbel, Geschiedenis en Archeologie, BGA”) are: Drs. J.G. van der Land (editor in chief), drs. J. Bosland and M.M. van Putten, B.Th..
BGA stands for the Dutch foundation 'Bijbel, Geschiedenis en Archeologie' (in English: Bible, History and Archaeology).
It’s aims are to give scientific answers to Biblical criticism, especially where historical data are concerned,
and to disseminate the information through scientific journals in the Netherlands and abroad.
The Bible is the true Word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit. This holds equally for all historical accounts
the Bible gives us.
The Foundation tries to achieve the aforementioned aims by:
1. Studying historical, religious and cultural relations between the people of Israel and neighbouring peoples
in Old and New Testament times.
2. Collecting source material for a reliable chronology of Israel's history.
3. Making texts accessible that may throw light on the backgrounds of Israel's early history.
4. Responding to (scientific) publications that are intended to throw doubt on Biblical accounts.
5. Issuing the quarterly magazine 'Bijbel, Geschiedenis en Archeologie', in Dutch.
6. Publishing articles on topical subjects within the scope of BGA on web-site, in English; editors: J.G. van der Land
and G.J. Doekes.
The Foundation bases itself on the truthfulness of the Bible, including all its historical details, as the Word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit.